Monday, February 7, 2011

God who sees me!

"He sees when no one else cares to look.  He sees through the smile we wear when we're dying inside.  He sees our hurt when we're mistreated.  He sees us when we cry into our pillow because we feel unloved.  He sees beyond our sin into the depth of our need.  He sees when we're hiding.  Running.  He sees when we continue to sow the seed of His Word even in the floodplain of our grief.  Sometimes we don't realize we've encountered God until our vision clears Maybe that's what seeing His back means.  HE is the God who sees you." - Beth Moore

I love this quote from Beth Moore.  I just finished my lesson today and after wards I just cried. I love the passage in scripture Genesis 16: 13-14.  It is about Hagar and her encounter with God Almighty.  I love it because points so clearly that God cares so much for people and does not want to see us hurt.  God sees me.  When I read this scripture I realize that he knows my thoughts, my desires for Colorado, my dreams for the future.  He knows and yet he loves me anyway.  I love the last part of Beth's statement, sometimes we don't realize we have encountered God until our vision clears.  So often I don't see God's work in my life until after the event has happened.  He is at work and sometimes I don't realize it.  God sees me, I feel so loved by this passage of scripture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment